Wednesday 13 February 2013

Donna Karan FW 13

Donna Karan sure has delivered the perfect 'NY winter' uniform. Her collection boasts more capes than I have seen at most other shows, and just the right amount of black stretch jersey. Oh, the comfort. 

My initial reaction to this collection was all glowing. Sexy, strong, practical. Upon looking at the details, my praise was slightly diminished. The quality and construction isn't what I would expect from a designer of this calibre (and price tag). However, overall it is a nice collection with a lot of great winter staples. 

Except the shoes. (Seriously, is anyone else feeling that there is a lack of great footwear this season?) The 'below-the-ankle' suede bootie thing has never been up my street. Especially when I see them worn with dresses in the middle of summer. They're just a bit 2010.  

Here are just some of my favourite looks: 









images via style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment